Crepe Paper Collection
Traditional, Standard Single-Ply Crepe Paper from America
Double-Sided Gloria Crepe Paper from Germany
Blümchen's collection of top-quality crepe papers includes both single-ply and double-ply art crepe in a beautiful selection of colors. Our traditional, single-ply crepe paper folds are still produced in America in the old style with a fine, tight grain. And if you are looking for double-faced crepe paper, our Gloria double-sided, two-ply art crepe from Germany is perfect for making paper flowers or any decoration where a sturdier, stiffer crepe paper is desired.
Crepe Paper Crafts Projects ~ Tips from our Artists
How-To Instructions • Flower Making Supplies List
Crepe paper is the term for a decorative paper which has been finely crinkled, or "creped". Resembling - and named for - the French fabric crêpe, it is created from colored tissue paper which has been coated with sizing, then "creped" to create fine, even gathers.
High quality crepe paper such as our offerings have a nice, tight grain for a superior "stretch" so that it will retain its shape whether used for flower making, crafts projects, holiday ornaments, party room decorations or table favors.
• Cut two pieces of evenly-sized crepe paper, making sure that the grain of the paper runs in the same direction on both pieces.
• Smaller pieces of crepe paper are easiest to work with. A standard-size piece of paper (8½" x 11") is about the largest size that is easy to handle without wrinkling the crepe paper.
• An Important Tip: Two thin-to-medium coats of spray glue are much better than one thick coat.
• Spray each piece of crepe paper twice, but let the crepe paper pieces "rest" about 15 seconds in between each spray coat. Make sure that you don't soak the paper with too much spray!
• Immediately after spraying both sheets, lay one sheet over the other, with the sprayed sides facing each other. Press down with your palm to smooth the crepe paper and to make sure both layers will be firmly bonded together.
It's Easy to Make Custom, 2-ply Crepe Paper in Solid or Contrasting Colors
Created from two pieces of single-ply crepe paper, this is a nice intermediate thickness
that falls just between our standard single ply and the Gloria double-sided crepe paper.
This medium weight crepe paper is an especially useful material when crafting flowers,
most realistic effects are achieved by mixing different plies to more closely
mimic the varying thicknesses of a flower's parts such as the petals, calyx and leaves.